Tier Point Run to Hawaii/San Juan in Feb 2014
on Tue 25 Feb 2014
Story: Tier Point Run to Hawaii/San Juan in Feb 2014
Tags: Announcements | British Airways | BRU | Brussels | EWR | Hawaii | Hilton | HNL | Honolulu | JFK | LAX | LCY | LHR | London | Los Angeles | New York | Shannon | SNN | Trips | USA
Shouldn’t be scary this one – I’ve done overseas trips on my own before (well once), and I’ve worn the t-shirt, and watched the video, and read the book etc. No big deal.
However, this does appear to be my biggest ever trip. Going all the way to Hawaii, and then heading halfway back and heading south to San Juan, and then reversing my path back!
This trip will get me over the GGL threshold, and also deliver one new GUF2 and 3 Jokers. I can explain to people what these are if you really want to know. Anyway, this is my account of what I get up to!
So, let’s have a look at what I have got in store:
- I spend Wednesday on positioning flights. I start from Manchester, heading down to Heathrow and on to Brussels (Avios RFS booking in economy), where I do a straight turnaround and back to Heathrow (start of my ex-EU trip in business). I’m staying overnight at the Hilton Canary Wharf – my first time here so looking forward to it.
- I’ll be taking BA001 on Thu morning and I’ve got 4 hours to get across New York city to Newark to catch my flight to Los Angeles (in first). I’m staying at the Hilton Garden Inn – El Segundo – stayed here a few times and I love it.
- On Friday morning I catch the first flight out to Honolulu (in first) arriving around lunchtime. I’ll be checking in to the Hilton Hawaiian Village for one night – been here before – bit big and brash but nice enough. That one night is my contingency just in case I have any problems in my trip over.
- On Saturday evening I head back to Los Angeles on the overnight flight (in first) which saves me a night in a hotel.
- On Sunday morning I catch the early flight to Miami (in first) and then on to San Juan (in business) in the afternoon – I’m staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites near the airport since I arrive fairly late – this one is a new one for me.
- Monday morning I’m on the early flight back to Miami (in business), catch the midday flight to Los Angeles (in first) and then back to Honolulu (in first) arriving late evening. I’ll be staying at the DoubleTree in Waikiki for one night. Again that’s my contingency just in case I have any problems on the San Juan trip.
- Tuesday, I catch the late flight to Los Angeles, again saving another night in a hotel, and then I catch the last AA116 to Newark (or at least the last 2 class flight to Newark) where I’ll pick up BA004 to get back to London City airport.
- Wednesday is then spent finishing off my trip to Brussels (in business) and getting back to Manchester via Heathrow (in economy on an RFS).
So, it’s going to be a hectic trip – I’ve got a couple of days of relaxing topping and tailing my San Juan trip.
An index of all posts in this story can be found below:
Follow the whole story here: Tier Point Run to Hawaii/San Juan in Feb 2014