Tier Point Run to Hawaii in Nov 2021: Summary
I’ve enjoyed my first significant trip in over 18 months:
- Using Verifly to manage all of the covid-related requirements worked really smoothly and airlines were happy to review the app during check in.
- Wearing masks all through my flights was a real chore.
- I experienced the new BA Club World suite for the first time – much better than the old herringbone arrangement, but it definitely feels a bit claustrophobic.
- BA’s deplaning by row is a real pain and to be honest it’s simply not policed properly. AA is just the normal free-for-all, which is what everyone expects.
- The Hilton hotels I stayed in were pretty decent: CDG Hilton was very convenient (they upgraded me without me needing to ask); I have stayed at the JFK Hilton before and it was fine (they upgraded me without me needing to ask); and the HGI Waikiki was ok (no upgrade).
- It was great being back in Honolulu – almost the same as it was pre-covid other than a few shops and restaurants having closed down and a few more covid-related checks being required.
Follow the whole story here: Tier Point Run to Hawaii in Nov 2021